Friday, December 30, 2011

Chevy Ownership Stories: Crossing the Border

Very cool. What’s your Chevy story?

Note: The 2011 Chevy Volt has an EPA-estimated 35 miles on a single charge; EPA-est. 93 MPGe [electric]; 35 city, 40 MPG hwy [gas]. Actual range varies with conditions.

So, I had to share this story:

We live in Western NY (me, my wife, and our 6 & 8 year-old children). Last night, we decided to go across the border and have dinner in Canada. Coming back across the border played out a little like a Chevy Volt commercial…

The customs agent barely glanced at me, took our passports, and asked, “citizenship?”

Me: “USA”

Agent: “Madelyn and Nicholas yours?”

Me: “Yes.”

As he turned to hand our passports back, he stopped and took a “double take” looking at the Volt. He clearly read the nameplate on the side and looked at the car from end to end, “What’s this?”

Me: “It a Chevy Volt.” (he still looked puzzled) “It’s electric.”

Agent: “Really? How’s the mileage?”

Me: “Well, I bought it in May – and I haven’t put any gas in it, yet. I guess I’m averaging about 800 miles per gallon.”

The agent’s closed circuit phone rang (I’m assuming a supervisor, or agent at another booth).

Keep in mind this is an international border crossing. But, after the agent listened to the caller for a few seconds, his side of the conversation was, “yeah – it’s a Chevy Volt… …he says 800 miles per gallon...”

He was leaning out of the booth as we drove away – I think a little surprised by the absolute silent acceleration.

I love my Volt. So, that made my day!

Read more http://chevroletvoltage.com/index.php/ownerstories.html?view=story&id=85 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More